Amalgamated Bank Supports Nonprofits Through the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York’s Small Business Recovery Grant Program
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has brought on unprecedented challenges for our communities. We are proud to help bring these funds to critical nonprofits through the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York’s Small Business Recovery Grants program.
NEW YORK, August 12, 2020: Amalgamated Bank (Nasdaq: AMAL) announced today that it will distribute $80,000 in Federal Home Loan Bank of New York (FHLBNY) Small Business Recovery Grants to local nonprofits that were adversely impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
As part of the FHLBNY’s broader $5 million recovery program, which is dedicated to helping provide working capital to affected businesses, Amalgamated will distribute funds to eight New York City area nonprofits in need.
“At Amalgamated Bank, we have long been committed to supporting the needs of our community members, especially in times of great difficulty,” said Amalgamated Bank President and CEO Keith Mestrich. “The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has brought on unprecedented challenges for our communities. We are proud to help bring these funds to critical nonprofits through the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York’s Small Business Recovery Grants program.”
Amalgamated is focusing its Recovery Grant support on the following nonprofits:
- The Family Center, Inc.: An organization that provides social and legal services, including health care and wellness programs, to New Yorkers struggling with a family crisis or loss.
- Groundswell Community Mural Project, Inc.: A New York City-based organization that brings together youth, artists, and community organizations to use art as a tool for social change, and for a more just and equitable world.
- Hamilton-Madison House, Inc.: A voluntary, nonprofit settlement house dedicated to improving the quality of life of its community, which fosters social well-being among the area’s most vulnerable populations.
- Healthy Humor, Inc.: An arts organization whose professional performers create moments of joy, wonder, laughter, and comfort for hospitalized children and all others who are most in need.
- The National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC) Inc.: The premier organization focusing on cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion in the communications industry.
- Stonewall Community Foundation: A public foundation that strengthens the LGBTQ Movement by making smart, values-driven investments in dynamic organizations, projects, and leaders.
- Theatre of the Oppressed NYC, Inc.: A nonprofit organization that partners with communities facing discrimination to inspire transformative action through theatre.
- Women Creating Change: An inclusive community that partners with people and organizations with a focus on underserved women to develop and strengthen the skills and resources needed to effectively identify the issues that matter to them most and advocate for themselves and New York’s diverse communities
About Amalgamated Bank
For nearly a century, Amalgamated Bank has served as America’s socially responsible bank, supporting forward-thinking organizations, companies, and individuals across the country. We are an advocate for those working to make the world more just, compassionate and sustainable. Our extensive experience, financial knowledge and community of like-minded customers offer a unique set of financial tools to customers. Amalgamated is the country’s largest B Corp® bank and a proud member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values. We don’t just have a mission. We are on a mission: to support those who support others, to invest in progressive and impactful causes and to advocate true financial opportunity for all.