Mobile Check Deposit is currently available through the downloadable application (app) for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™. For consumers, Mobile Check Deposit is automatically included when you use the application after successful login; no additional enrollment is necessary. If you are a Treasury client, your account administrator must enable you.
AB Mobile Banking
- How do I access Mobile Check Deposit?
- How do I configure Touch ID/Passcode?
Once you log into the Mobile Banking app, you will see a screen entitled, “What’s New.” Users of the iPhone 6S and newer will see walk-through Touch ID configuration instructions while all other iPhone/Android users will see the Passcode walk-through configuration screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up Touch ID/Passcode access. If you do not wish to configure Touch ID/Passcode access, simply tap “Close” in the upper left corner of the screen.
"What's New" screen for Touch ID-enabled smartphones (iPhones 6S and newer)
"What's New" screen for Passcode-enabled smartphones (Android smartphones and iPhones older than generation 6S)
- How do I turn off Touch ID/Passcode access or change my Passcode?
Touch ID/Passcode maintenance is performed within Mobile Banking Settings. Settings can be found in the app’s Main Menu. The Settings page requires full login authentication. If you did not access Mobile Banking via full login authentication, you will be prompted for your User ID and Password. Once authenticated, you will be presented with the Settings where you can see if Touch ID/Passcode is currently on and disable or change the Passcode/Touch ID.
- How much does it cost to deposit a check with my phone?
Mobile check deposit is free to Amalgamated Bank customers.* Just download the Mobile app to begin.
* Please note that charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Regular account charges apply.
- How will I know that my mobile check deposit has been received?
When you submit a check image through Mobile Check Deposit, you will receive an email confirmation that your deposit has been received. You will then receive a second email confirmation when your deposit has been accepted by the bank. (Please note: additional processing of your deposit may still be required.)
- How will I know when the check has been posted to my account?
You will see a credit to your account once the deposit has been approved by the bank. Your check will be processed by Amalgamated on the same business day if received before 3:30pm ET. If received after 3:30pm ET on a business day, weekend or holiday, it will be processed on the following business day. Please do not dispose of your check or attempt to process at another institution or through another channel (ATM or in-branch).
- Is there a limit on the amount and/or number of checks I may deposit through Mobile Check Deposit?
Yes. For consumers, Mobile Check Deposit is restricted to a daily deposit limit of $3,000 and a limit of $10,000 per 25-day cycle. For Treasury clients, Mobile Check Deposit is restricted to a daily deposit limit of $10,000 and a limit of $25,000 per 25-day cycle. There are no restrictions to the number of checks deposited as long as the deposit limit is not exceeded.
- Is Touch ID/Passcode access secure?
Touch ID/Passcode is a secure means of accessing your account. The app will only log you in once your unique fingerprint or Passcode is verified. Even if your Passcode is compromised, Mobile Banking sessions initiated via Touch ID/Passcode are “read-only,” meaning that no transactions can be performed without the app first requiring your full Online/Mobile Banking User ID and Password.
- On what devices is AB Mobile available?
- AB Mobile App iPhone®, iPad®, iTouch® and Android™ (various phones)
- AB Mobile Web Any phone with a web browser
- AB Mobile Text Any SMS-enabled phone
- What is AB Mobile?
AB Mobile is a free service that gives you access to our most frequently performed banking tasks from the convenience of your mobile device. You will be able to access many of the features available to you on Amalgamated’s Online Banking, such as account information (balances and transactions), bill payment, transfers, ATM and branch locators and contact information. The service is available in three convenient ways:
- Mobile website (www.amalgamatedbank.com)
You can simply go to www.amalgamatedbank.com on your mobile web browser.
- SMS text (Please Note: carrier text and data usage charges may apply.)
Send and receive texts to quickly see account information and do transfer without signing on to web or app.
- Mobile application (app)
Mobile applications which are optimized for smartphones and iPad devices, provide quick access to sign on screen and mobile check deposit.
- Mobile website (www.amalgamatedbank.com)
- What is Mobile Banking Touch ID/Passcode access?
Amalgamated Bank now offers you the ability to log into our Mobile Banking app using the fingerprint scanner on your iPhone (iPhone 6S and newer only) or a six-digit Passcode.
- What is Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Check deposit is a free service that is included in the Mobile Banking and Amalgamated Treasury Mobile applications. It allows clients to deposit checks electronically using the camera on their iPad®, iPhone® or Android™ mobile phone or tablet device. (Please Note: carrier text and data usage charges may apply.
- What should I do with the original check after I have deposited it with Mobile Check Deposit?
Retain the original check in a secure location for thirty (30) days following receipt and credit of the deposit to your account. We recommend you completely destroy each original check after this retention period. A paper shredder is a good method for secure destruction of original checks.
- What types of accounts can I deposit checks into with Mobile Check Deposit?
You may deposit checks into most personal Checking, Savings or Money Market accounts.
- What types of checks can be deposited through Mobile Check Deposit?
Original checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions in U.S. dollars, which are payable to and endorsed by the depositor, and include the words, "For Mobile Deposit Only at Amalgamated Bank," can be deposited.
The following items should not be deposited through Mobile Check Deposit:
- Third-party checks (checks payable to any person or entity other than the person who owns the account into which the check is being deposited)
- Checks payable on sight, payable as cash or payable through Drafts
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg CC.
- Checks not payable in United States currency
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in our agreement
- Checks that have previously been submitted and accepted through our service or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution
- Checks or items that are drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Any item stamped “Non-negotiable” or “This is not a check”
- U.S. Postal or Western Union Money Orders
- Traveler’s Checks
- Checks drawn on the United State Treasury
- When will my posted funds be available?
Please refer to Amalgamated’s Funds Availability Guide for information about deposits.
- Who can I call with support questions about Mobile deposit?
You may call Amalgamated Support at 1 (800) 662-0860. Support is available M-F from 8:00am – 8:00pm and Saturdays from 9:00am – 2:00pm ET. If you are a Treasury customer, you may call 1 (866) 542-8788.
- Who is eligible to use AB Mobile?
Any personal customer who uses Amalgamated’s Online Banking today can use AB Mobile. The same credentials used for Online Banking are used for Mobile Banking. Customers who do not have Online Banking, but who want the convenience of Mobile Banking must first enroll in Online Banking at amalgamatedbank.com.
- Who is eligible to use Mobile Check Deposit?
To use Mobile Check Deposit, you must be a current Amalgamated customer with an eligible Checking, Savings or Money Market account. You must be enrolled in Online Banking and download our Mobile App. If you are a Treasury client, your account administrator must enable you. Before depositing your first check, you must read and accept the Mobile Check Deposit Services disclosure and agreement.
- Why am I unable to deposit my check?
There are a few common errors that may cause your check to be rejected:
Folded or torn corners
Front or back image is not legible
Routing and account numbers are unclear
No camera on the device
Image is too dark
Try using Mobile Check deposit in a well-lit area to prevent shadows and poor image quality. Keep your hands clear of the check while taking the picture.